Friday, February 13, 2009

It's the end of the world as we know it.

This is from my dream last night. I had to write it down quickly before I forgot.

There were reports of the stars being beautiful.
The world was near the end of it's run, the comets were coming soon.
I sat with my mother and father and aunt on the bleachers with the crowd. We just looked up in awe. I was crying. My mother held me as I wept and looked at the sky. I felt so alone. So small, and I wasn't ready to see if there is anything after this life or not. I told her I love her. And she told me that she loved me, and that everything will be alright.
The sky was so big. The stars were amazing. I've never seen them look so majestic.
(A quote from a favorite book of mine described it perfectly, "It was vast, and open, and thinly quiet. And I felt so small.")
(In real life, I wouldn't mind what so ever to die with the world. But in my dream I was so scared.)
We lived in this giant grocery store/hotel/big house. I went to my room to grab blankets for my family. Inside my kitchen there was my old co-worker Ryan. He was rummaging through people's refrigerators for food. Everyone was trying to gear up for the end.
(My family is always prepared)
He's stealing our food. I beat him up and drag him in to the walk-in freezer while he is unconscious. I cut off his left arm so the devil can't pull him down. I leave him there and lock the door.
I go outside and they are putting people on buses. People my age that is. It felt like a field trip. We go to this place that I know is Menucha. (This place I went to when I was younger) It didn't look like it, but for some reason it was.
I saw Alexis, and Sean from the college, and Robin, and Xander R, and Dustin. I sat with them on the bus and at the non existent camp fire.
Kyle came. I was so glad to see him. He took my hand and we left the group. He introduced me to his girlfriend, which to me seemed like a pretty, but materialistic girl. Someone that I wouldn't think Kyle would date, or date Kyle.
He gives me a bike, which isn't working very well. The back tire is out of line. We're riding through the city, through all of this trash and debris. We ride in the street then. I ask Kyle, "Do you think the trains are still running?" He says no and one pulls up right in front of him on the other side of the street. He yells at me to move for traffic and get on top of the platform. There's a fat old man there sitting on the step. Kyle's girlfriend sits down and says she can't go anymore. It's too much.
Kyle kneels down and pulls out a little drug baggie with microchips in it. Between the chips, the pulls out a ring. He hands it to me, and says nothing. His girlfriend knods her head in approval. The old man leans over and says, she can't say yes unless you ask her a question.
Kyle just looks at me. He tells me he loves me, and that he always will.
Then I wake up to the phone ringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment